Message from the Principal
December 13 2019
Tēna Koe, Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Malo e lelei, Bula vinaka, Fakalofa lahi atu, Taloha ni, Fakatalofa atu and warm greetings to you all.
SCHOOL CLOSES 1PM MONDAY DECEMBER 16
To our school community I say thank you and I wish you all a Merry and happy Christmas. I hope you get to the beach and feel the sand between your toes, walk to the park and play with your loved ones, sit under a tree and read a book with little ones and just relax and have fun.
Our staff wish you all the best and actually are looking forward to working with their 2020 classes.
I will not be at school for the start of 2020 as I have a very special family event that takes me away from the BAY. I will return to work on the 10 February.
Our last assembly to say goodbye to our year 6's is at 12.30pm Monday 16 December.
What a pleasure it was to listen to all the celebrations for our year 6's at the leaving graduation event on Tuesday night. Tears flowed, hearts were filled up and KURA was everywhere. Thank you to Jadah Moore-Feu'u and Malachi Osmond for presenting the korowai to our year 6 leaders. Thank you to Tayne McMahon, an ex KURA leader and Head Boy of Tawa College 2019 for presenting Sharon Hartley with her korowai for retirement.
Congratulations to all our cup winners
- Enviro cup boy - TJ Carradice-Rua
- Enviro cup girl- Amelia Marshall
- Kindness cup -Alexander Kimi-Livingston
- Unity cup - Sky Ruha
- Respect cup - Morehu Pohatu
- School Culture cup - Matthew McKenzie
- Mainfreight All Round Attitude cup- Ariana Payne
- Kapa Haka Leadership cup- Milly Crawford
- Maori Achievement cup - Anika Illingworth
- Delaney Cup - Andie Munro
- Showing Growth in Pasifika cup - Jaylah Etimani-Marwood
- Pasifika Achievement cup - Felix Ah Far
- Pasifika Leadership cup - Navajo Misky
- The Dickens Determination cup - Lin Youssef
- Overall Sportsman cup - Ryan Hemsley
- Overall Sportswoman cup- Pippa Wratt
- The Visual Arts cup - Tyler Zidich-Gilligan
- The Performing Arts cup - Taylor Neville
- High Achievement in Literacy cup - Waimihi Muir
- High Achievement in Numeracy cup - Nico Wilkins
- High Achievement in Science cup - Abby Cheyne
- Overall Academic Achievement cup boy - Cam Culver-Dickens
- Overall Academic Achievement cup girl- Prayer Edmonds
- Butterfly cup for showing manaakitanga for those with needs - Arihi Kingi
- Female Korowai recipient - Sky Ruha
- Male Korowai recipient - Felix Ah Far
Nga mihi nui ki a koutou